Saturday, July 18, 2009

DIFTS




(photo evidence of epic achievement)
http://www.e4.com/game/janey-thomson-s-marathon/play.e4


I don't know who invented the acronym DIFTS ; I only know who I heard say it first. I have a friend who would always say DIFTS (I won't name his name for privacy purposes; but, it ends with McGee). He said it stands for Do It for The Story . Well, today I did it for the story. "I did What?" you might ask. I COMPLETED THE JANEY THOMSON MARATHON !! a.k.a the most epic game you will ever play. I had seen enough after about 12 seconds. I was going to quit after I saw how fast I could run the first mile. Then, DIFTS popped into my head. I thought I haaaaaaaaave to finish this just for the story. I defeated all odds. In the end, I overcame boredom, near phalangeal stress fractures, the metaphorical wall of pain and the beginnings of carpal tunnel syndrome for nothing else but THE STORY.

No comments:

Post a Comment