Saturday, June 20, 2009

How to become organized

As I was trying to think about something to write about today, I asked myself what are some of my skills. One of the first ideas that popped into mind was organization skills. Thus, I dedicate my blog today to describing some tips to help people become more organized.

1. The definition of organization is a malleable one; each person has to make their own definition. You have to do what works for you. Improvisation is always a good skill. One of my favorite methods of organization is letting things fall into place.

i.e.: I use my desk as a shelf, I use my hamper as a desk, and I use my desk
chair as an easily accessible dresser drawer.

2. Memory definitely helps in staying organized, and I have a pretty good memory. However, if you don't have an excellent memory write things down may help. I have found that even if I never look at what I wrote down, the simple act of writing the important fact helps encode them into my memory.

2a. Another memory tip is to use a strange image, word, or a familiar setting to help remember things. You will be surprised how much you can remember if you link important facts with different items in a room of your house.

3. This is my last tip, and it is the most obvious. You can always just make a list of things that need to get done. In this fashion, the only thing you really need to remember is to continue looking at your list.

No comments:

Post a Comment